注册 登录
爱吱声 返回首页

喜欢的个人空间 http://www.aswetalk.net/bbs/?17 [收藏] [复制] [分享] [RSS]

日志

20190703 学英语(003)

热度 4已有 618 次阅读2019-7-4 11:19 |个人分类:读书学习

走马观花看白宫,总统感慨配旁白 【喜欢拟的标题】

A LOOK INSIDE THE FIRST FAMILY'S RESIDENCE

Well, the White House is the people's house. Michelle and I and the girls, we understand that we are here for a limited time, and we are here because we have this incredible privilege of serving the American people, and looking after them and what they are concerned about.

I think, everybody, the first night they spent in the White House, are a little overwhelmed. You know, the White House is, such an icon in American life, and around the globe, and the notion that you'd be sleeping in a bed inside of it. It's... a little bit intimidating.

And, at least, when you've got a couple kids, you pretty much get into a routine, cause you know that, you're going to have to figure out, how to wake them up, and make sure they get to school on that first day.

So... the transition was smooth, but, that first night, you kind of wake up with a start a little bit and say to yourself, "My goodness, what am I doing here?"

Every day... although you consider it the place you live, I think you're very mindful that, this is a place of history, that this is a place that belongs to the people and to the country.

As much as you want to feel comfortable in that place, you also want to feel a little bit of reverence, for the fact that down these halls Lincoln has walked, in these rooms FDR (Franklin Delano Roosevelt) has made decisions that had impacts around the World.

While you're here, you're maybe part of the first family, but once your term's up, you're going to be a citizen once again.

And...and that, I think, it's both humbling, but extremely gratifying, cause it reminds us that, this is a democracy, and those who come into this office are here temporarily. Someday soon there's going to be somebody else who takes up that mantle.

You just make sure that during the time that you're here, you're doing the best you can to serve the people who've sent you.

网上有视频

上述图片是我一张张截的图并上传的,方便看不了视频的同学看看白宫里面的样子;英文部分是我把网上的英文字幕用语音输入一遍(不能拷贝,也不想拷贝),再照原文修正输入出错的地方。算是学习了。

然后发现,原英文字幕里面至少出了两个错。嘿嘿~ 【注:这些英文/中文字幕应该是学习资料提供者加上去的,即国人加上去的。】

记得曾经有一个考入北大的学长介绍学习经验时就这么说:你得给教科书挑错!

我没改它,也没标记。有兴趣者可自己找出那两个错,再来跟我汇合~

膜拜

鸡蛋

鲜花

路过

雷人

开心

感动

难过

刚表态过的朋友 (4 人)

发表评论 评论 (1 个评论)

回复 testjhy 2019-7-4 13:53
为人民服务,一是自己加菜,二是给土共交版权费没有,

facelist doodle 涂鸦板

您需要登录后才可以评论 登录 | 注册

手机版|小黑屋|Archiver|网站错误报告|爱吱声   

GMT+8, 2024-5-7 07:10 , Processed in 0.026723 second(s), 19 queries , Gzip On.